For the past year or so I’ve had my heart set on using some beautiful fabric that I saw hanging in the window of Brisbane Fabric Market, East Brisbane. The fabric is called Harlequin Delphine.
But… for $128 AUD a metre and we needed 20 metres!!!! it just wasn’t an option. I’ve spent the past few months looking for something special. I was looking for something fun, fresh and colourful but not too twee!
Wow wee, I’ve found some great fabrics but when I showed them to the family I received funny looks.
In the end I remembered that I had some odd bits of fabric that I’ve bought at op shops over the years sitting in a box in the wardrobe. It was exciting to dig through and I discovered that I had over seven metres of the fabric below.
Please excuse the poor quality of the photo. I believe the fabric is Barkcloth but I haven’t got a clue how old it would be. Anyway… I thought it would make perfect roman blinds for the kitchen, dining and lounge area. Mr F liked it but it was a little harder to convince my mother, who would be making the blinds for us.
We’re really happy with them and now that they’re up I think that they’ve got the ‘seal of approval’ from mum. I’m also really happy because of the money we’ve been able to save.