Progress on the garden shed – Part three.

We wanted the shed to look as much like the house as possible so we used weather boards.  We looked at recycled (demolition yard) timber but it was the same price as brand new!.

old pearly jenkins20140726_153552

It’s winter here in Australia and we lose the sun in the back garden early in the afternoon but this didn’t stop us slapping on some undercoat late on a Sunday afternoon.

old pearly jenkins

Everything in the photos below  has been organised and now lives in the shed.

old pearly jenkins

It is looking super organised at the moment but give it time…. We used some leftover bench top from the pantry to a workbench, some old ikea shelves for storage and LOADS of hooks and screws to hang things.

You all know what it’s like when you can’t be bothered to put things away, they tend to be just dumped somewhere but hey… this has a door and we can hide the mess!!!

old pearly jenkinsold pearly jenkins

Progress on the garden shed – Part two.

Once the fence was finished we started on the base of the shed.

We sank several posts into the ground, cementing them in place before we could attach the base.                                         We had a lot of very large tree roots to contend with so placement of the piles was not easy.

old pearly jenkinsold pearly jenkins

Once we’d added quite a few more piles to make it extra sturdy we began to construct the sides.

old pearly jenkinsold pearly jenkins

We attached cement board to the back wall and painted it with undercoat, sealer and exterior paint.                                      The remaining sides were added and roof trusses built.

old pearly jenkinsold pearly jenkins

A frame was made for the window and a tin roof was added.

old pearly jenkinsold pearly jenkins

The little shed is slowly taking shape!!!