We’ve all been busy working and so not a lot has been happening around our house but Mr F (lets just call him Fred) has the school holidays off, perks of being a teacher hey!!.
He’s been busy building us a wonderful seat and cupboards to hide the shoes!!
Here is the porch area before. The old Shell boxes were holding the shoes.
The boys gave him a hand.
Doors for the shoe cupboards.
And finally a couple of coats of paint!
We’ve ordered framed micro lattice that will slot nicely into the space at the top. It’s going to be white and will just give us a little bit of extra privacy.
A nice example of micro lattice.
The cupboards are brilliant and hide all the shoes away. We don’t wear shoes in our house so the new seating is a perfect place to put on or take off your shoes.
The final thing to complete this area is to decide what to do with the concrete pad. I’d really like to tile it with some black, grey and white Encaustic tiles but as we’re not very happy with the way dirt and grime sinks into them (despite sealing them TWICE) we’ll have to look for an alternative.
On my home from work on Friday afternoon I went via DFO (Direct Factory Outlet) to look for some European pillow cases for the day bed on the porch. Every six months or so I like to change them and ALWAYS manage to find a bargain at ADAIRS.
The photo above shows some cushion covers that I brought from Adairs last year (this years dust rags).
I never have to pay more than $5.00 each. As we’ve just painted the porch dark grey, I was looking for grey covers. $49.95!!!!!!!! who pays this for a pillow case?????
I also spotted some cushions that were half price as they were shop soiled. I decided to grab them too as I’m sure they’ll be looking twice as bad in a few weeks.
I’ve since washed them, the stain hasn’t come out completely but it’s on the back of the cushion, so it doesn’t matter.
I know, I know, they look wrong on this bench seat, I’m on my way to work and wanted to do this post before I run out the front door.
I also pulled out the sewing machine from under the bed and began stitching together this old tea towel for a cushion. The machine started playing up so I finished it by hand. It’s not perfect but I’m happy with the results.
Finally… it’s finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The colour looks different in the photos. In real life the cupboards are more of a green blue. The picture above shows the colour better.
My next smaller project is to paint the legs of the bench seat. My current project is stripping back the many layers of paint from the front porch. Tedious and smelly work.